This half-day introductory course will provide attendees with everything you need to know in order to understand how the wholesale electricity market works, the structure of the market in Ireland and how all this can impact on your energy costs.
This course is suitable for anyone involved with energy management, from Financial Controllers, Accountants, Procurement Managers, Energy and Facilities Managers to Managing Directors and CEO’s.
- What is electricity, how it is generated and how it is measured
- Electricity generation in Ireland, Interconnection to the UK and the impact of renewables
- The structure of the electricity market in Ireland and how the wholesale market operates
- Key components of an electricity bill
- The Future of the wholesale electricity market; A brief introduction to ISEM
This course will:
- Explain how electricity is generated and how it is measured
- Illustrate the different technologies involved in generating electricity as well as the different fuels used
- Provide an overview of the structure of the electricity market in Ireland, including who the key market participants are
- Introduce you to the wholesale electricity market known as the ISEM and how the price of electricity is calculated
- Cover the impact of fossil fuels and renewables on electricity costs
- Explain the key fundamentals that impact on the price of electricity and introduce you to the future of the electricity market; ISEM
- Price: €100.00